Prawn RisottoUpdated: 25 June 2012 | Author: Bulla Dairy Foods
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan over a medium heat and sauté the onions and garlic 2 minutes. Add the rice and toast 4 minutes stirring constantly.
- Stir in the hot stock one ladle at a time, stirring constantly until all the liquid is absorbed repeat with remaining stock. Until rice is tender but firm. This process may take up to 20 minutes.
- Stir in the herbs, Bulla Thick Cream and the green prawns cook stirring occasionally until prawns change colour.
- Stir in the lemon zest and juice. Season with black pepper to taste.
Serve hot with a wedge of lemon and a dollop of Bulla Thick cream.
- 3 cups arborio rice
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 6 cups light fish or chicken stock, hot
- 2 tbsp fresh chives, chopped
- ¼ cup fresh continental parsley, chopped
- 200ml Bulla Thick Cup Cream
- 24 large green prawns, peeled, with tails left on
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon
- Black pepper to taste
- 100ml Bulla Thick Cream
Lemon wedges to garnish
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 40 minutes
Serves: 4 - 6
Prawns maybe replaced with salmon or cod as an alternative.