Chocolate tartUpdated: 9 April 2014 | Author: Bulla Dairy Foods
The art of tart
Method (Pre-heat oven 180c)
- Grease a 25cm loose based flan tin or 6 sml flan tins.
- Place the flour, and butter into the work bowl of a food processor and process until mixture resembles fine bread crumbs.
- Add the walnuts, cocoa powder, sugar, egg yolk and 2 tblsp of water to the work bowl and process until a smooth ball if formed.
- Wrap in plastic and rest in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Roll out pastry to 3mm between two sheets of baking paper and line the tin, trim. Line the centre with a piece of baking paper and weight with baking beans or rice.
- Bake in the pre-heated oven 180 for 10 mins, remove the paper and beans and bake for a further 5 mins. Remove and cool.
- Melt chocolate and Bulla Double thick cream over simmering water or heat proof bowl in the microwave on 50% power for 3 minutes stirring after each minute.
- Drain pear halves and fan with a sharp knife.
- Whisk in the vanilla, eggs and brown sugar until well combined.
- Pour the chocolate mixture into the prepared pastry base . Arrange fanned pears decoratively. Bake the tart in the pre-heated oven 170c for 15 minutes until set.
- Serve warm or cold with a dusting of cocoa powder and a dollop of Bulla Double Thick cream.
- 1 ¼ cups plain flour
- 100g butter
- ¾ cup walnuts, finely chopped
- 2 tblsp baking cocoa powder
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 -3 tblsp cold water
- 200ml Bulla Double Thick Cup Cream
- 300g dark chocolate
- 1 tsp vanilla Extract
- 3 eggs
- 2 tblsp brown sugar
- Cocoa powder to serve
100ml Bulla Double Thick Cream to serve
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 40 minutes
Serves: 4 - 6
Tart should be set but soft centred.
Walnuts maybe replaced with Almond or Pistachio nuts if required. If nut allergy exists replace nuts with flour.