Sticky Date PuddingUpdated: 25 June 2012 | Author: Bulla Dairy Foods
A crowd pleaser.
Method (pre-heat oven 170c)
- Mix cream, butter and sugar until pale and fluffy.
- Add the beaten egg a little at a time beating well after each addition.
- Fold the flour into the mixture alternately with the combined milk and bi-carb soda.
- Finally fold through the dates until well combined.
- In a small saucepan combine the brown sugar, golden syrup, butter and cream and heat over a low heat until stirring until mixture boils and thickens.
- Pour a little syrup into the base of 6 x 1 cup heat proof moulds and fill to 2/3 full with the sticky date mixture. Cover each mould with a square of greased baking paper and secure with string.
- Place the moulds into a baking dish filled 1/3 full with hot water. Bake in the oven 170c for 25 minutes.
- Just prior to serving add the chopped honeycomb to the remaining syrup.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
Serves: 6 – 8
Un-mould each pudding onto individual serving plates and serve with tiny balls of Bulla Creamy Classic Vanilla Ice Cream and drizzle with Honeycomb syrup.
Choose any flavour Bulla Creamy Classics for a delicious alternative.