Penne CarbonaraUpdated: 16 December 2014 | Author: Bulla Dairy Foods
All time favourite
- Heat oil in a large frying pan or saucepan over a medium heat and sauté the onion and garlic 2-3 minutes. Remove & set aside.
- Return the pan to the heat and brown the bacon over a high heat, draining off excess fat.
- Reduce heat to low and stir in the Bulla Cooking Cream, parsley, chives, parmesan cheese and freshly ground black pepper. Stir until well combined and heated through 2-3 minutes.
- Toss the freshly cooked pasta through the sauce.
Serve garnished with shaved parmesan.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 300g lean bacon, roughly chopped
- 300ml Bulla Cooking Cream
- ¼ cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh chives, chopped
- ½ cup parmesan cheese, grated
- Black pepper to taste
- 400g penne pasta, cooked and drained
Shaved parmesan cheese to garnish
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
Serves: 4 - 6
This sauce is great made with salmon or tuna in place of bacon.