Basil Pesto SpaghettiUpdated: 25 June 2012 | Author: Bulla Dairy Foods
- Bring a large pot of salted water to the boil and cook the spaghetti as per pack instructions (15- 20 mins) Note, if using fresh pastas, cooking time will be only be 3-5 minutes.
- Place the basil leaves, garlic and pine nuts into the work bowl of a food processor and process until well combined.
- Add the lemon zest, parmesan cheese and Bulla Light Cream. Process until a thick creamy sauce is formed.
- Stir in the lemon juice.
- Toss the ¾ of the creamy pesto through the spaghetti and mix well.
Serve the creamy pesto pasta garnished with shaved parmesan, basil leaves and freshly ground black pepper.
- 300g spaghetti
- 2 cups fresh basil leaves
- 4 cloves roasted garlic
- 100g pine nuts, toasted
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- ½ cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 300ml Bulla Light Thickened Cream
- Shaved parmesan to garnish
Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
Pesto may be made 5 days prior to serving but do not add the lemon juice until serving.
Pesto is delicious on chicken then baked and served on salad leaves or pasta.
Stir pesto through warm steamed chat potatoes and serve as a warm salad or chill until required.