Creamy Sweet Pea & Crispy Prosciutto PastaUpdated: 25 June 2012 | Author: Bulla Dairy Foods
Creamy and delicious.
Method ( Stove top & pre-heat oven 190c)
- In a medium saucepan place the peas and chicken stock, bring to the boil over a high heat and boil 5 minutes.
- Place the prosciutto on a lined oven tray and sprinkle with sugar. Place the tray in the pre-heated oven 190c for 10 minutes. Cook Pasta as per pack instructions and drain.
- Using a slotted spoon remove 2 large spoonfuls of the peas and set aside in a bowl.
- Place the remaining peas and stock into the work bowl of a food processor and process until smooth.
- Add half the mint leaves and half the Bulla Crème Fraiche process until well combined.
- In a large bowl place the Hot pasta and Pea puree, remaining peas and mint leaves and toss gently. Season with black pepper.
- Serve Pasta and top a slice of crispy prosciutto and a dollop of crème Fraiche garnish with micro herbs and serve.
- Place the Pasta flour / Semolina into the work bowl of a food processor. Turn the processor on and add the egg yolks and oil.
- Add a little water and continue to mix until mixture comes together in a large ball.
- Remove pasta from the work bowl and knead together 3 – 4 minutes until dough is soft and pliable.
- Wrap in Plastic and refrigerate 20 mins or up to 1 hour.
- Divide mixture into 3 and roll though pasta machine to desired thickness and shape.
- Cook in boiling salted water 5-6 minutes until cooked through.
- Drain and use as required.
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 400g fresh pasta – tagliatelle or fettuccine
- 500g baby green peas
- 200g chicken stock
- 1 x 200g tub Bulla Crème Fraiche
- ¼ cup small mint leaves
- 4 slices prosciutto
- 1 tblsp castor sugar
- Freshly ground black pepper to serve
- Micro greens for garnish
- 3 cups pasta flour or use half semolina and half pasta flour
- 4 egg yolks
- 2 tblsp olive oil
- Water to mix
- Cracked black pepper (if required)
This Delicious sauce can be made and stored for up to 5 days in the refrigerator prior to use.