Salmon QuicheUpdated: 25 June 2012 | Author: Bulla Dairy Foods
Picnic basket favourite
Method (pre-heat oven 180c)
- Place the flour, butter, salt, Bulla Sour Cream and egg yolk into the work bowl of a food processor and process until well combined.
- Add the water 1 tbsp at a time to the pastry mix and process until a smooth ball is formed. (Add extra water if necessary).
- Roll dough to fit a 25cm loose based flan tin on a lightly floured board and trim as required.
- Place a piece of baking paper in the centre of the pastry and fill with baking beans or rice.
- Bake in the pre-heated oven 180c for 10 minutes, then remove paper and beans and continue to bake for a further 5 minutes. Remove and cool.
- Whisk together the Bulla Sour Cream, eggs and dill until well combined. Pour mixture into the prepared pastry case.
- Top the sour cream with rosettes of salmon and thinly sliced lemon halves, sprinkle over the capers.
- Bake Quiche in the pre-heated oven 180c for 30 minutes until quiche is puffed and golden.
Serve warm or cold garnished with dill and a fresh garden salad.
- 2 cups plain flour
- 50g butter
- Pinch salt
- 100ml Bulla Premium Sour Cream
- 1 egg Yolk
- 1 -2 tbsp Cold Water
- 200ml Bulla Sour Cream
- 4 eggs
- 2 tbsp fresh dill leaves
- 2 tbsp capers
- 100g smoked salmon, sliced
- 1 lemon sliced thinly
Fresh dill to garnish
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 40 minutes
Serves: 6 - 8
Salmon maybe replaced with ham, proscuitto, roasted vegetables or smoked chicken.