Raspberry & Amaretti Semi FreddoUpdated: 22 June 2012 | Author: Bulla Dairy Foods
- Combine the raspberries, orange juice and icing sugar in a small bowl, and combine using a fork.
- Whip the cream in a bowl until thick and set aside, covered in the refrigerator.
- Beat the egg whites until stiff peaks form and gradually add the castor sugar, adding a little at a time, until the sugar is dissolved.
- Using a large metal spoon fold the whipped Bulla Cream through the egg whites in a figure 8 motion.
- Fold the raspberry mixture through the cream mixture and finally fold through the Amaretti biscuit crumbs.
- Pour mixture into a lined 24cm springform tin or mould. Freeze for 6 hours or overnight.
- Slice the Semi Freddo into wedges and place onto individual serving dishes.
- Garnish with fresh raspberries and serve with Amaretti biscuit crumbs.
- 200g fresh or frozenr raspberries
- 2 tbsp orange juice
- 2 tbsp icing sugar
- 600ml Bulla Thickened Cream
- 4 eggs, separated
- ½ cup castor sugar
- 150g amaretti biscuit crumbs
- Fresh raspberries for garnish
Additional amaretti biscuits crumbs for serving
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: Requires Freezing 6 hours
Raspberries may be replaced with passionfruit, mango, banana, peaches or any fruit. Amaretti biscuits maybe replaced with coconut macaroons.