Ice cream Birthday CakeUpdated: 22 June 2012 | Author: Bulla Dairy Foods
Hip Hip Hooray!
- Choose the cake tin required and grease well. We have chosen a figure 8 tin and created a 'race track'!
- Cut the softened Bulla Chocolate ice cream into large pieces and place in a large bowl and soften further with a wooden spoon. Toss in the marshmallows and lollies and mix well.
- Spoon the ice cream into the prepared tin and smooth the surface. Freeze overnight.
- Beat together the butter and chocolate icing sugar until thick and creamy. Place into an piping bag fitted with a star pipe.
- Turn the ice cream cake onto a cake board and decorate the sides and border of the cake with the icing. Place in the freezer.
- Spread a thick layer of whipped Bulla Thickened Cream over the surface of the cake and decorate the edges of the cake with two straps of liquorice.
- Cut the remaining two liquorice straps into 4 cm lengths and place the pieces into the centre to form the road lines. Place the cars and flags on to the cake and freeze until required.
Serve in slices immediately
- 2 litres Bulla chocolate ice cream, softened
- 100g marshmallows, chopped
- 100g chocolate lollies
- 125g butter, softened
- 500g chocolate icing sugar mixture
- 600ml Bulla Thickened Cream, whipped
- 4 liquorice straps
- 2 Racing Cars
- Paper racing Flags
Prep Time: 50 minutes
Choose any flavour Bulla ice cream for a delicious alternative. Get inspiration for other birthday cakes from your childrens' storyboards or toys!