Savoury Vegie TartsUpdated: 22 June 2012 | Author: Bulla Dairy Foods
Fresh from the garden
Method ( pre-heat oven 190c)
- Cut pastry into squares and place squares into greased muffins tins or tartlet pans, press firmly and crimp the edges decoratively.
- Heat the butter in a frying pan over a medium heat and sauté the grated vegetables and capsicum 3 - 5 minutes.
- Stir in the parsley and seasoning and cook for a further 2 minutes. Remove from the heat and place in large bowl.
- Stir in the Bulla Cottage Delights and eggs and mix well.
- Spoon tablespoons of mixture into the centre of each pastry case.
- Bake the tarts in the pre-heated oven 190c for 12 -15 minutes until tarts are golden and puffed.
- Serve warm or cold with sweet chilli dipping sauce.
Ingredients (makes 24)
- 6 sheets pre-prepared shortcrust pastry
- 50g butter
- 100g pumpkin, peeled & grated
- 1 carrot, peeled & grated
- 100g cabbage, shredded finely
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- ½ red capsicum, finely chopped
- ½ cup parsley, finely chopped
- ½ tsp sweet Thai seasoning
- 1 x 300g Bulla Cottage Delights Sweet Chilli
- 2 eggs
Ham, bacon, tuna, salmon or sausage may be added to tarts as an alternative.