Vegetable LasagneUpdated: 21 June 2012 | Author: Bulla Dairy Foods
Layers of healthy goodness.
Method ( pre-heat oven 170c)
- Place the sliced pumpkin into a large saucepan with the tomato pasta sauce and simmer over a low heat for 10 minutes.
- Heat the olive oil in a frying pan over a medium heat and sauté the garlic 1 min, add the spinach leaves to the pan and cook stirring until spinach is wilted. Remove from the heat and cool.
- Combine the Cottage Cheese, seasoning, eggs and 1/2 the parmesan cheese in a large bowl and mix well finally fold through the wilted spinach.
- Spoon half the Pumpkin mixture into the base of a deep 24 cm square baking dish, cover with a layer of pasta sheets, top with half the cottage cheese mixture, cover with a layer pasta sheets and top with remaining pumpkin mixture repeat with remaining pasta, finishing with the Cottage Cheese and spinach mixture.
- Sprinkle over the Parmesan cheese and bake uncovered in the pre-heated oven 180c for 30 minutes until golden.
- Serve hot with salad and crusty bread.
Ingredients (serves 6-8)
- 500g pumpkin, peeled & sliced
- 800g pre-prepared tomato pasta sauce
- 1 tblsp olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 300g spinach leaves, washed & chopped
- 1 x tub Bulla Original Cottage Cheese
- 1 tsp Tuscan seasoning
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 6 fresh lasagne, sheets
Choose a variety of vegetables as an alternative to pumpkin.