Char-grilled Steak with Creamy Lemon and Herb sauceUpdated: 21 June 2012 | Author: Bulla Dairy Foods
One from the BBQ.
Method (Stove top - Cooking time 15 mins)
- Melt the butter in a saucepan over a low heat and wilted the herbs until fragrant, stir in the lemon zest, juice and saffron threads.
- Whisk in the Bulla Cooking Cream and heat gently over a low heat 2-3 minutes.
- Heat a griddle pan or BBQ over a medium heat 2-3 minutes, brush the steaks with a little oil and cook steaks 2-3 minutes each side until cooked to the desired degree.
- Serve steaks with char-grilled asparagus drizzled with lemon & herb cream sauce.
- Garnish with lemon zest and finely chopped parsley.
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 4 thick cut steaks
- 1 tblsp Oil
- 30g Butter
- ½ cup mixed herbs (Parsley, Basil, Chives, Oregano)
- 2 lemons zest & juice
- ½ tsp saffron threads or 1/8 tsp saffron powder
- 400ml Bulla Cooking Cream
- 1 lemon zest
- Parsley to garnish
This sauce is also great served with grilled chicken breast, salmon steaks or lamb fillet.