Chunky Vegetable BakeUpdated: 21 June 2012 | Author: Bulla Dairy Foods
Hearty fare that's big on health.
Method (pre-heat oven 180c)
- Peel and cut chosen vegetables into chunky bite sized pieces. Place vegetables into a large casserole dish.
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over a medium heat and sauté the onion and garlic 2 minutes.
- Stir in the Bulla Cooking cream, stock powder, chives, cheese and parsley, cooking stirring continuously until mixture begins to boil, reduce heat and simmer 2 minutes.
- Pour the sauce over the vegetables. Cover with Foil and bake in the pre-heated oven 180c for 40 minutes.
- Melt butter in a large frying pan and add breadcrumbs, toast gently until crumbs are golden.
- Mix the cooled crumbs with the grated cheese and sprinkle the mix over the vegetables.
- Bake uncovered in the oven for a further 20 minutes.
Ingredients (Serves 4-6)
- 1kg mixed vegetables (potatoes, pumpkin, carrot, sweet potato, cauliflower, broccoli)
- 2 tblsp butter
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 600ml Bulla Cooking Cream
- 1 tblsp chicken stock powder
- 1 bunch fresh chives, chopped
- 1 cup matured cheese, grated
- ½ bunch fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 100g butter
- 4 cups fresh coarse bread crumbs
Turn this delicious side dish into a main course with the addition of chicken, tuna or cooked pasta.