Raspberry Lamington Ice Cream SliceUpdated: 17 April 2014 | Author:
- Preheat oven to 180⁰C (160⁰ fan forced). Line a 30cm x 40 cm baking tray with baking paper.
- Place butter, sugar and vanilla in a medium bowl of electric mixer; beat on medium speed for 4-5 minutes or until pale and creamy. Add egg, continue beating until well combined, add combined sifted flour, bicarbonate soda, baking powder and cocoa, continue beating a further minute on low speed. Add coconut, scraping bowl down as needed until well combined.
- Spoon dough onto prepared baking tray and spread out. Top with a large piece of baking paper. Press down evenly using a large pallet knife until a flat and even sheet of dough covering the baking tray base is formed. Prick the biscuit base with a fork and bake for 15 -20 minutes until crisp and firm to the touch. While still warm cut two bases from the sheet, approximately 30 x 20 cm rectangles to form the base and top of the slice. Allow to cool completely.
- Place raspberries and icing sugar in a blender and process to form raspberry puree. Place Bulla Vanilla Ice Cream in a large bowl of electric mixer and beat on low speed for 1 minute or until softened. Fold through raspberry puree with a large spoon.
- Place a biscuit base into the base of a 20cm x 30cm baking paper lined slice pan. Spoon raspberry ice cream onto base, push ice cream mixture out to edges and smooth the top. Place second biscuit base on top, and gently press down. Cover loosely with plastic wrap and freeze 4-5 hours or overnight until set.
- In a small saucepan over low heat, bring Bulla Thickened Cream just to a boil; remove from heat. Add chocolate, let stand 1 to 2 minutes. Stir until chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth and glossy. Remove slice from freezer, invert onto a board and remove baking paper. Drizzle melted chocolate over the top of slice and sprinkle over coconut as chocolate sets. Cut into bars.
Coconut biscuit base
- 150g unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup (220g) caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 ½ cups (225g) plain flour, sifted
- ¼ cup cocoa, sifted
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate soda, sifted
- 1 teaspoon baking powder, sifted
- 1 cup (80g) desiccated coconut
- 2 litres Bulla Vanilla Ice Cream, softened
- 200g frozen raspberries, defrosted
- ¼ cup icing sugar
- 1/3 cup (80ml) Bulla Thickened Cream
- 120g dark chocolate, melted
- Shredded coconut