Lime Poached PearsUpdated: 9 April 2014 | Author: Bulla Dairy Foods
A new twist on a classic!
- Place water and sugar in a large heavy based saucepan, bring to the boil, stirring until all the sugar is dissolved. Reduce heat to a simmer and add the pear halves, lime strips and cinnamon stick. Simmer gently for 15-20 minutes until pears are tender, turning the halves occasionally to ensure even cooking. Remove pears with a slotted spoon and keep covered to prevent drying out.
- Increase the heat and boil the syrup for 20-25 minutes until reduced and thickened. Remove from heat, stir in the lime juice and chill until required.
To serve, place two pear halves onto each serving plate, drizzle with syrup, dollop with Bulla Double Thick Cream and scatter with rose petals.
- 1 litre water
- 1 ½ cups caster sugar
- 3 strips lime rind or kaffir lime leaves
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 6 firm beurre bosc pears, peeled, halved and cored
- Juice of ½ lime
- ½ cup Bulla Double Thick Cream
Dried rose petals
Add other spices to the poaching liquid such as star anise, pieces of ginger, cardamom pods or saffron threads for flavour variations.