TrifleUpdated: 9 April 2014 | Author: Bulla Dairy Foods
Mum's secret recipe.
- Whisk together the Bulla Thick Cup Cream, milk and sugar in a non stick pan over a low heat.
- Blend together the custard powder, vanilla extract and ¼ cup water until smooth and whisk into the warm milk.
- Cook over a low heat stirring constantly until custard thickens. Do not boil. Pour custard into a bowl and cover to cool.
- Slice Jam sponge rolls into slices and place decoratively around the base and sides of individual serving dishes or one large serving dish.
- Place a layer of peach slices over the sponge slices and pour over cooled custard until dish is ¾ full.
- Cut jelly into cubes and place decoratively over the creamy custard layer.
Finally place a large swirl of double thick Bulla cup cream in the centre of each trifle, garnish with sprigs of mint and serve chilled.
Serves: 6 – 8
Cooking Time / Prep Time: 30 minutes
Peaches maybe replaced with strawberries or fruit salad.