Bulla's Silver platterPosted: 13 July 2012
Results on a Silver platter
Bulla Dairy Foods is solidifying its name as one of Australia’s leading dairy producers as it proudly announces a swathe of recent wins at last week’s DIAA Victorian Dairy Product Competition awards night.
Competing against Victoria’s best dairy producers, in over 108 classes, Bulla Dairy Foods took home a series of gold medals for their Frozen Yogurt, Sour Cream and Thickened Cream product ranges – including highest scoring awards – before claiming 56 silver certificates across the remainder of their product range.
Touted as one of the most prestigious and competitive events on the dairy calendar, the DIAA Victorian Dairy Product Competition puts to the test the products of some of Australia’s leading dairy producers and recognises the work of one of Australia’s largest industries.
General Manager for Marketing and Innovation, Helen Reece, says the awards are not only a great coup for the company but are testament to the hard work and dedication of the staff at Bulla Dairy Foods.
“Bulla Dairy Foods’ recent successes not only continue to amplify the traditions and commitment of the company to producing premium quality Australian-made dairy products but should encourage our dedicated and talented workers to continue operating the way they so successfully have been,” Reece says.
“With Bulla Dairy Foods’ roots based in Victoria for over a century, to be so successful in these awards is something of which we are extremely proud,” adds Reece.
Competing against Victorian Dairy producers such as Fonterra Australia, Warrnambool Cheese & Butter, and Lion Dairy & Drinks, Bulla Dairy Foods took home gold medals for:
- Bulla Fruit n Yogurt 2L Tub – Passionfruit (Highest award with a score of 18.50)
- Bulla Fruit n Yogurt 2L Tub – Strawberry
- Bulla Light Sour Cream 200ml
- The Alto Award – Highest Scoring Thickened Cream
- Pro Analytics Award – Highest scoring Cream – Thick Cup Cream 200ml
- Sensient Technologies Australia Award Highest scoring standard Vanilla ice cream – Bulla Creamy Classics 2L
Additionally, Bulla Dairy Foods received 56 silver certificates across the following product categories, taking out silver for the entire Novelty Ice cream category:
- Cottage Cheese – Plain
- Cottage Cheese Types – with Additives
- Yogurt Greek Style – Flavoured
- Cultured Dairy Beverage
- Unthickened Cream
- Thickened Cream
- Thickened Cream – Light
- Sour or Cultured Cream
- Non Frozen Dairy Dessert Including Cheesecakes – Other than Vanilla Custard
- Standard Vanilla Ice cream
- Standard Chocolate Ice cream
- Standard Ice cream – Other than Vanilla or Chocolate
- Ice cream/Gelati – Low Fat
- Frozen Yogurt
- Frozen Yogurt – Novelties
Reece says, “Bulla Dairy Foods’ is proud to be an Australian owned and made company, run by the same three families for the past five generations, and we're extremely honoured to be recognised as building some of Australia's most loved and trusted dairy brands that are made the way they should be."
The DIAA is a national organisation with divisions in every State. Each division, through its elected executive, independently conducts the DIAA's affairs as appropriate to that State including conferences, social events, technical seminars, dairy product competitions, and more.